A Momentous Decision
The time has come.
It comes around 3 times per year at the end of ever semester.
It is time to decide what Beer I’m going to be drinking after the final is over. It’s a tough decision with many factors to consider. Am I going to just sit there and relax? What style am I in the mood for? Do I have to go to work the next day? What do I have in the cellar? Am I going to have time to drink a bomber or a 750?
Here are the answers, in order:
1. I’m going to sit there, “relax”, and play World of Warcraft. So it can’t be something like J.W. Lees or Thomas Hardy’s which I like to be in a certain state of mind to drink. But I don’t want it to be a “session” beer, either. This is a celebration after all!
2. I’m in the mood for a stout or barleywine.
3. It’s a weeknight, so I definitely have work tomorrow. No 750’s, but bombers or smaller are ok.
4. I’ve got plenty of stouts and barleywines in the cellar. They’re my two favorite styles.
5. I don’t think I’ll have enough time to finish a 750 but they’ve already been ruled out.
See how hard this is? It helps (well, hurts) that I’ve got 100 or so bottles in my “cellar”.
So, after the final is over and the kids are in bed, I’m going to be partaking of Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti, a highly rated Imperial Stout. 9.5%. Bomber.